Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest the money from the Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Programme to support projects that demonstrate innovation at a commercial scale.
The aim of the competition is to address widely known problems in relation to plastic packaging for consumer products. Proposals must include significant industry investment.
Discover our R&D Tax Reclaim services.
This is stage 1 of a 2-stage competition. The stages are:
- Expression of interest (this stage): evaluated by the SSPP team and independent assessment by Innovate UK. There is no funding in this stage.
- Full stage application. This will be by invitation only to applicants who are successful in the EoI stage through the Innovation Funding Service and will include independent assessment by Innovate UK, with an independent Environmental Impact Assessment and, if relevant, an Engineering Assessment.
Learn all about how our R&D Tax Claims work.
Innovate UK expects to invest in up to 3 practical demonstrators at the full stage competition.
Projects must demonstrate an idea at commercial scale which:
- improves the sustainability of the plastic packaging supply chain
- helps deliver the targets of the UK Plastics Pact
- utilises innovation in design, technology, processes, business models, supply chains or data for plastic packaging
- embeds a whole-systems approach to plastic packaging sustainability, considering environmental, economic, and social factors
The competition closes at 11am UK time on Wednesday 24 March.
By Tony Corbin
Source: Packaging News
To find out more about how we can assist you with your R&D Tax Reclaims please click here