R&D Claims for the Cosmetics & Personal Care Sector
Research and development is extremely important for the cosmetics and personal care industries where there is a constant demand for new and exciting products. The industry as a whole is worth billions and there’s a whole host of major brands that rely on R&D tax credits to evolve within the sector.
But that’s not all…. consumer health and safety is a priority in this highly regulated sector and it is this that drives much of the R&D activities.
What costs qualify for R&D Relief in the Cosmetics & Personal Care sector?
We’ve created a list of some examples of eligible R&D activities within the Cosmetics & Personal Care sector. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating or developing new products
- Exploring processes and development new ones
- Testing products in line with health and safety regulations
- Creating products in guidance with strict UK legislation
- Sourcing new ingredients for improved results
- Developing complex formulae for products
- Mixing ingredients that have not been combined before
- Improving cost efficiency
- Optimising the quality of products
- Reducing carbon footprint by developing processes that maximise energy efficient and reduce wastage
Please note: In any R&D project, it is quite common for an R&D team to consist of a number of individuals from different parts of the business, all of which can be included in the R&D claim.
What are you waiting for? Start your R&D claim today!
Remember, if you have any questions about any of our services &/or would like to check your claim eligibility, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!