R&D Claims for the Health & Life Sciences Sector
It goes without saying that health and life sciences require constant exploration and innovation. Encompassing biotechnical, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical device organisations, this sector is constantly evolving as new digital technologies create new and exciting ideas that drive forward many R&D activities. Health and life sciences also impact all aspects of our everyday life, which is why all R&D activity is welcomed.
With this in mind, an extensive range of technical activities within the industry qualify for the credit and many organisations do not realise that they are able to claim.
What costs qualify for R&D Relief in the Health & Life Sciences sector?
We’ve created a helpful guide outlining some of the R&D activities that you may be eligible to claim for. These include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the design and development of new drugs, chemical compounds or medical devices
- Implementing automation processes or robotics
- Developing or improving manufacturing processes
- Repurposing existing drugs
- Reformulating existing drugs
- Improving the longevity of a product
- Developing new or unique delivery systems
- Blend technology for compounds or medicines
- Designing and executing experiments or trials
- Generating prototypes of new products
- Researching new technology to incorporate into products
- Developing scientific theories and research methods
Please note: In any R&D project, it is quite common for an R&D team to consist of a number of individuals from different parts of the business, all of which can be included in the R&D claim.
What are you waiting for? Start your R&D claim today!
Remember, if you have any questions about any of our services &/or would like to check your claim eligibility, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!