R&D Claims for the Manufacturing & Engineering Sector
R&D Tax Relief is designed to encourage innovation and increase spending on R&D activities for companies operating in a wide range of sectors including the manufacturing and engineering sector.
And there are a whole host of manufacturing and engineering projects that can qualify for R&D tax credits. We’ve outlined some of the most common examples of product and process development projects that may qualify for R&D tax relief include:
What costs qualify for R&D Relief in the Manufacturing & Engineering sector?
- Designing and evaluating process alternatives and testing product prototypes
- Designing and constructing new products and services
- Streamlining operations
- Developing processes that would meet increasing regulatory requirements
- Participating innovative product development using computer aided design tools
- Tooling and equipment fixture design and development.
- Development of second generation or improved products.
- Developing unique computer numerical control programs.
- Designing innovative manufacturing equipment.
- Full development of computer models
- Designing and developing cost-effective and innovative operational processes.
- evaluating and determining the most efficient flow of material.
- Testing the product, process or software.
- Planning and managing projects.
Please note: In any R&D project, it is quite common for an R&D team to consist of a number of individuals from different parts of the business, all of which can be included in the R&D claim.
What are you waiting for? Start your R&D claim today!
Remember, if you have any questions about any of our services &/or would like to check your claim eligibility, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!