R&D Claims for the Software & IT Sector
Technology is constantly evolving, providing more opportunities than ever before in a wealth of different sectors and working environments. And, R&D is an integral part of the industry when it comes to exploring the endless possibilities that come hand in hand with
A software and IT R&D project generally involves exploring new architecture techniques to improve or streamline day to day business operations. And, it is the development of these applications that establishes eligibility as an R&D activity.
What costs qualify for R&D Relief in the Software & IT sector?
There are lots of Software project activities that are applicable for R&D tax credits including the below! Of course, due to the broad nature that software and IT encompasses as well as the opportunities that can be explored, it’s certainly worthwhile checking your eligibility outside of this box.
- Development of new state-of-the-art software that has been designed to meet business needs, enhance business operations and assist with core operational tasks
- Full Research and development of innovative data capture methods in line with business needs and goals
- Product or software testing
- Research and development to explore data management techniques and
Representations in a wealth of business environments
- Design and development of ‘add-on’ tools or plugins. This will help to enhance the functionality of existing applications and improve performance
- Implementation of extensions to existing database software or operating systems
- Conducting feasibility studies for potential software ideas
- Analysis of new and competing technologies
- The creation of technical specs to underpin an R&D project
- Necessary training to support the use of R&D
Please note: In any R&D project, it is quite common for an R&D team to consist of a number of individuals from different parts of the business, all of which can be included in the R&D claim.
What are you waiting for? Start your R&D claim today!
Remember, if you have any questions about any of our services &/or would like to check your claim eligibility, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!